Monday, December 13, 2010

The Barista Does Beans!

OK, that's it. I'm hanging up my spatula. Tonight's dinner was entirely conceived of and executed by my barista, who, it turns out, also makes a mean black bean burger. And not only did he plan the whole thing out, he MADE IT UP. Just made up his own recipe. And I am so sorry to say that I ate my burger so fast that I didn't even remember to take a picture. But trust me, it was a thing of beauty.

Black Bean Burgers
makes 4 burgers

1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped broccoli, steamed
4 cloves garlic
1/2 of a tomato
1 egg
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1 T chili powder
1 tsp salt
3 T cilantro
4 slices provolone cheese
4 hamburger buns
sliced tomato and lettuce

1. Pour beans into a large bowl and mash coarsely.
2. Puree the broccoli through cilantro until uniformly chopped.
3. Stir the broccoli puree into the beans and form into 4 patties.
4. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and bake at 375F for 10 minutes on each side. Top with cheese, lettuce, and tomato and serve in buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment